Friday, May 17, 2013

"The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction..." -Rachel Carson


Day 13 and 14: 


   Last full day in Caye Caulker! We leave Belize tomorrow!!
"The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.”  I used this quote from Rachel Carson as my final quote for the trip because it sums up why I am here. In learning more about the two ecosystems, the jungle and the marine ecosystem, I was able to focus on whats important to me: Conserving and preserving our world. Being able to have the opportunity to learn about these places that seemed foreign to me just two weeks ago has been a chance of a lifetime and it is one I will carry with me long after graduation form USFSP next December.
     We spent the day paddle boarding, sun bathing, eating and relaxing. I couldn’t have asked for a better day. Thanks to Dr. Dixon, Dr. Alegria and Mr. Martinez for making this happen for all of us. That being said…I miss my basset hound and my bedJ




No comments:

Post a Comment