Thursday, May 16, 2013

I enjoyed Bat poop

May 6, 2013

          My camera's battery is charged, I'm charged, and I had some tortillas. I'm ready for the Mayan caves. I have visited cave systems before, but the Chiquibul cave system is raw and barely untouched. Other caves I've been to have decorative colored lights that give the formations an artificial color, walls are drawn on, and pieces of the formations have been broken off. The Chiquibul cave floors were muddy, slippery and covered in bat feces. I enjoyed it. I could have stayed for hours just taking time lapse pictures. Myself and the camera got pretty dirty. Makes it seem like I'm a hardcore photographer who will go to all lengths to capture the best picture. Who am I kidding?

          There's no light in the cave besides our headlamps, so I had to resort to time lapse photography. Which so happens to be one of my favorite types of shooting. I just wish I had more time in the cave. Oh well, I did what I could.


We had a free half day when we got back. So we decided to take a hike around the Maya trail hoping to get lost somewhere. Unfortunately, we didn't. But here's a nice little picture of a Xaté leaf.


No comments:

Post a Comment